Good evening to all…
Distinguished Chief Guest, Rev. Msgr. Joseph Chittilapilly, Vicar General, Diocese of Palghat, Respected Manager of the School, V.Rev.Fr. Jeejo Chalakkal, Respected Principal Rev. Dr. Sanil Jose, Respected Asst. Manager Rev. Fr. Jobin Melemuriyil, other dignitaries on the dais, Distinguished Guests, Parents, Teachers and Dear Children, I take great pleasure in welcoming you all on this special occasion of our 33 rd Annual Day Kalopsia-2019.
I believe that the purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind. The whole objective of education should be to develop the mind that works and, to free a child’s potential by instilling in him a curiosity to learn, so that he will continue to learn as long as he lives.
With a deep sense of exhilaration and delectation, I present the Annual Report of the year 2018-‘19. School Annual Report articulates and demonstrates the dynamic nature of our school, our commitment to excellence and our relentless pursuit of achieving Our Best.
We have committed, proactive teachers and dedicated supporting staff, working to help each child to reach their potential. Our staff has high expectations and adopts a wide variety of innovative teaching practices. On this joyous moment, I thank each and every one for their support and encouragement; the dedication and untiring efforts that have taken St. Raphael’s to the towering heights of success and accomplishments.
“Excellence is not an act but a habit”. Looking back at our journey for the past 33 years serving the cause of quality education, we are both happy and proud of the memorable milestones we have crossed and the great strides made in every field of activity within this span of time. Ever since its inception, our strength has increased in leaps and bounds. Now we have 2218 students, 88 qualified and dedicated teachers, and 27 supporting staff and we stand tall among C.B.S.E. schools.
This year has been truly a rewarding year – each day having its own spice and flavor, to savour. I wish to begin with our performance on the academic front.
On June 1 st , during the Academic year inauguration, We honored the Toppers of AISSCE-2018 and AISSE -2018 examinations-
- In Biology Science stream, Waseem Sayed Mohammed topped with full A1 and scored 6% marks. He scored 99% marks in Mathematics and Biology.
- In Computer Science stream, Bharat Narayan . M topped with 4% marks
- In Commerce stream, Sandra Maria Suresh andM.R topped with 93.2% marks. Aiswarya .M.R scored 99% marks in Economics.
- We got 6 Full A1 s in class X. The topper of AISSE-2018 is Aswany Prasad with 6% marks. Nandana Siva & Puvvadi Hema Priya also scored 97.4% & 97.2% respectively.
Highlights of the Academic Year 2018-‘19
- As a part of Social responsibility, Team SRCS donated an amount of 7 Lakh towards the Chief Minister’s flood relief fund.
- Nehru Group of Institutions honored four of our teachers, Sreeja (Comp. Sc), Ms. Anu John(Phy), Ms. Anu Antony(Che) & Mr. Sajeev(Mathematics) as the Best Teachers.
- The Staff of SRCS, who had rendered more than 30 years of their dedicated service, were honored by the Principal, Management, Staff & Students.
Mrs. Ansa Joy, Mrs. Daisy, Mrs. Anitha.M, Mrs. Elsy.V.V, Mrs. Tessy Antony, Mrs. Meera . K .George, Mrs. Marykutty, Mrs. Mini, Mrs. Sini, Mrs. Lissy, Mrs. Sheeba, Mr. Sebastian, Mr. John, Mr. Anil, Mrs. Elsy, Mrs. Julie & Mrs. Delphy were honoured.
- A short film was directed by our students in collaboration with the Dept of Malayalam.
- To promote confidence, sense of responsibility & leadership qualities among the students, School Parliament Election was conducted on June 22 nd. Anisto Issac Saju was elected as the Head Boy and Aleesha K Babu as the Head Girl.
- Investiture ceremony for the newly elected school parliament members was organised and our respected Manager V.Rev.Fr. Jeejo Chalakkal crowned the elected candidates with respective sashes.
- Class wise PTA was organized from June 11 th to June 23rd. First PTA executive committee meeting was held on June 28 th & Mr .Dennis Joseph and Mini babu were elected as the PTA Presidents.
- A medical camp was organized at SRCS for all the students on 12 th Sep and necessary medical advice and precautionary measures were given to the students by a group of doctors.
- Field trips were organized for students of classes 5, 6 & 7 to reinforce experiential and contextual learning in children. The destinations were Palakkad fort and Pirayiri gram panchayat.
- World Environment Day was celebrated on June 5 th, to enlighten the theme ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ through a skit.
- Literary & Arts Club Inauguration by a renowned Hindustani and playback singer Mrs. Aiswarya Manoj.
- International Yoga Day with an aim to create awareness on the importance of staying fit & healthy.
- World music day to enhance the benefits of music in the emotional development of an individual.
- “Paryatan Parv”- A drawing and Slogan writing competition as instructed by CBSE.
- International Day against Drug Abuse was observed on 25th June and an Anti Drug Awareness Programme was enacted on the stage.
- The feast day of our respected Principal Dr. Sanil Jose was celebrated on June 29 th with much enthusiasm.
- On July 2 nd , we celebrated the feast day of our respected Assistant Manager Fr. Jobin Melemuriyil.
- “Vaayana Dinam” was celebrated on July 4 th to imbibe the habit of reading among the students.
- World Population day was observed on 13th July and a tableau was presented by our students.
- 72 nd Independence Day was celebrated on Aug 15 th to instill the spirit of national integration.
- Our school Arts fest “Flames-2018”was conducted which helped in boosting the confidence and determination in our students.
- “Swachhata pakhwada “was observed from sep 1 to sep 15 as instructed by CBSE.
- KCSL inauguration – KCSL, which upholds the motto-Faith, Study ,Service, was inaugurated by KSCL Director Fr.Antony Thekkanath.
- Teacher’s Day was celebrated by the students on Sep 5 th to acknowledge the continuous, selfless and precious efforts of teachers in shaping their character and future.
- As a tribute to the father of our nation, SRCS observed the 150 th birthday celebration of Gandhiji ,as directed by CBSE , and conducted various competitions based on it.
- Rashtriya ekta divas was observed on 31 st October to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the students took an oath to make their contribution to ensure internal security of India. A unity run was also organised.
- “Keralapiravi” was celebrated to project the cultural diversities of God’s own country on Nov 1 st .
- Parent’s- children’s day “Lullaby 2018” was organized on 14 th Competitions were conducted for the parents and the winners were rewarded.
- National integration week was celebrated to reinforce the spirit of communal harmony, national integration and nationhood from 19 th to 25 th
- A puppetry show was conducted in the school as a part of orientation class for waste management.
- “Quest & Quench 2K18” –School Exhibition, Food Fest and Book Fair was organized on 5 th,6 th & 7th of December. The need to investigate the secrets of nature, the need to prevent the wastage of food, the need to cultivate the habit of reading etc were inculcated in the students through Quest & Quench. A short film directed by our students in collaboration with the Dept of Malayalam was shown to the audience on these days. The fund collected from our exhibition, food fest and book fair quest & quench 2K18 will be utilized for helping the students of our school who were affected by the flood.
- “Santa on wheels”-SRCS celebrated Christmas with much joy and happiness on 21 st Dec which brought the spirit of Christmas to life. 60 of our students & volunteers joined together in Skating & Cycling from Fort Maidan to SRCS and had spread the message of Christmas. Our students & staff visited Bishop’s House to wish Merry Christmas to His Excellency Mar Jacob Manathodath.
- Abhijith hari & Sajith S , had won prizes in the 10 th Gems India Quiz
- Our senior secondary team had won 2 nd Runner Up in the Zonal Basket Ball Competition.
- In the Palakkad district Sahodaya Chess Competition, Pranav Vinayan won the II place and Midhundas won the 4 th
- In the Palakkad District Athletics Championship our students participated and had won prizes for High Jump.
- In the interschool competition “Bistactica 2018” held at Yuvakshethra institute of management studies, our students Adhil Abraham saju and Adithyan had won prize for face painting and Nandana siva for poetry writing.
- Our Student Christy K Telin bagged trophy in Kerala state Tug of War Championship for girls.
- V won the I st place in painting competition organized by ISRO in connection with the World Space Week.
- Our students won the 2 nd runner up position in CBSE Interschool Sports and Games Competition, in under 19 category.
- Our students had won prizes for the “Art Effusions Global 2018” painting competition, conducted as a part of Children’s day.
- In the district level painting competition organised by Palghat Ladies Circle, Arya V had secured prize.
- Athul Krishna had participated in the District level Yoga competition.
My hearty congratulations and good wishes to all our young achievers.
- As a part of World space week, a lecture program was conducted for the senior secondary students by Vidya, an eminent scientist from Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram. Our students participated in a seminar and visited an exhibition at Mercy college, Palakkad.
- To enlighten the growth of inner spirit, Liturgies were organized in the school cathedral every month .Offetry was made by our students as a part of the celebration of the Feast of the Sacred Heart.
- To refresh and energize our students, tour programs were arranged by the school. Senior Secondary students visited Mysore & Chikmagalur. Secondary students visited Ooty and Kodaikkanal. UP & LP section visited Fantasy Park.
- To enhance the overall development of our students, they are trained in extracurricular activities like yoga, karate, music (vocal & instrumental), skating, craft and dance.
- Four houses- Red, Blue, Green and Yellow are functioning actively to imbibe healthy competitive spirit among our students.
- Annual sports and games were organized with an aim to develop team spirit, discipline and self confidence in the students.
- Arts day for the kids were conducted to enrich the sprits among our tiny tots.
- Alumni meet of our senior students were organized on 22 nd Dec to revitalize their memorable moments. This meet served as a platform for sharing their views for the betterment of SRCS family.
- Academic Student’s Council was formed by our respected Principal Rev.Dr. Sanil Jose, which brought out the cognitive leaders to light.
- Foundation coaching classes for classes 6, 7, 8 for IIT entrance and for various UPSC examinations including IAS; IFS & IPS were organized at our school.
- Our students had visited the Exhibition conducted by the Computer Science Dept. at Mercy College, Palakkad.
- Our students participated in “Lumina Mathematica”-an exhibition conducted by Yuvakshethra institute of management studies and had attended a seminar too.
- An orientation class for motivating the students appearing for the board examinations was also organized.
- For the promotion of English language, activities &speeches were organized during school assembly.
- As a part of raising funds for the welfare of the nation, Stamps issued by the Govt. were distributed to our students.
- Publication of “Madhuram Malayalam”- by Oasis group Managing Director M.Syed Mohammed.
- Our students had also participated in various extracurricular activities as prescribed by CBSE.
Teacher’s Inservice Trainings & Workshops
The following sessions in IGNITE 2018 enlightened the teachers during the month of May:
- A session on “Teacherhood – A call to mission” was taken by Fr.Saji Vattukalathil.
- “Teaching- A passion”- a marvelous session by Rev Dr Mathew Vazhayil, Director, Yuvakshethra Institute of Management Studies.
- Fr. Jolly led a session on “Attitude, skill and knowledge”.
- “Enhancing the empathetic views of teachers”- a session led by Fr.Anson Mechery.
- Arun Velayudhan & Mr. Sibi Abraham had led a session “Views on the system of Education in India”.
- Fr.Jobin Melemuriyil, our Assst. Manager had motivated us with a session on “Team effort”.
- An enlightening session on Academic Objectives & Non Academic Interest was dealt with by our respected PrincipalDr.Sanil Jose.
- Academic planning & Scheduling of the reopening day programs was discussed by the Vice Principal Rohini.C
- Smart class training was organized for the teachers by
- Our teachers attended various workshops conducted by CBSE & PDSSC.
- Our Physical Education staff had participated in the Basketball training organized by the reliance foundation, Jr. NBA.
Infrastructure & other facilities
- Tiling of the corridors and class rooms of our school was completed this year which added a new elegant look to our campus.
- Additional drinking water facilities were provided in all the floors.
- Sanitary pad destroyers were also introduced in the school.
With a deep sense of humility and gratitude, I say that we are proud of our work and have a long way to traverse, to reach a goal that is not impossible.
All the good work of the school has been possible with the cooperation of our highly qualified and dedicated faculty. I express my sincere thanks to the management committee of our school, for their able guidance and encouragement.
If I were to put all the events at SRCS in a Nutshell, we encourage a child to observe, to explore, to experiment ,to probe, to analyze, to confront problems & find the solutions, finally to develop the skills essential to face the future.
I would like to conclude by seeking the divine grace and blessings of the God Almighty and extend my sincere thanks to all the parents and all our well wishers who have extended a supportive hand down through the years, in all our endeavors to produce a confident, educated and capable batch of students each year, thus shaping the future of our children who are the destiny of this country.
Let us enjoy the cultural program, presented by our students and may your evening with us be a pleasurable one.