Annual Report- 2019-‘20
Good evening to all…
Distinguished Chief Guest, His Excellency Mar Jacob Manathodath, Bishop, Diocese of Palghat, Respected Manager of the School, V.Rev.Fr. Jeejo Chalakkal, Respected Principal Rev. Dr. Sanil Jose, Respected Asst. Manager Rev. Fr. Jibin Pulavelil, other dignitaries on the dais, Distinguished Guests, Parents, Teachers and Dear Children….. I take great pleasure in welcoming you all on this special occasion of our 34 rd Annual Day “Elegantia-2K19” .
It is my privilege and pleasure to present the Annual Report for the Academic year 2019 – ‘20, a platform to communicate directly with our respected Guests, Rev. Fathers, Sisters, Well wishers, Benefactors, Parents, staff members and students.
Learning gives creativity, creativity leads to thinking, thinking provides knowledge and knowledge makes you great. Development of self along with academic achievement forms the nuclei of all learning processes at our school. Growth in academics is a result of the multiple opportunities provided in our school for up gradation of skills and knowledge.
- On June 6 th , during the Academic year inauguration by Rev. Fr. Peter Kochupurackal, We honored the Toppers of AISSCE-2019 and AISSE -2019 examinations-
- SRCS secured 100% results & 3 full A1 in class 12. Niya Paulson(96%), Sreelekha U(95%) and Vaishnavi M Nair(95%) secured full A1.
The stream toppers are:
Niya Paulson & Sreelekha U-commerce stream with (96%) and (95%) respectively
Vaishnavi M Nair- computer science stream with (95%)
Vaishnavi K -Biology Science stream wih (93%)
- I am happy to share the news that all our students of Class X, who appeared for all India Secondary School Examination, passed with flying colours.
- We got 4 Full A1and the topper of AISSE-2019 is Gopika Sanalkumar with 97.6% marks.
- Full A1 Holders are Gopika Sanalkumar (97.6%) ,Norah Anna Rijo(97.4%),Rohit ramdas (96.6%) and Anusree (94.8%).
- Rohit ramdas V secured 100 % in Mathematics and Gopika Sanalkumar & Aysha s secured 100 % in social science.
Here are Our New ventures
To ensure that our students are equipped to face any challenge, our school has taken different initiatives throughout the year.
- Sahitya samajam is organized every week to bring out the hidden talents of our students. The implementation of art education as directed by CBSE,is given due importance along with the academics with the introduction of sahitya samajam.
- Multi lingual exposure in German and French in association with the Trinity college, London is introduced, especially for the students of class-6.
- Launching of water bells is an innovative step this year to reduce dehydration among the students.
- Giving ample importance to the handwriting of our students, “Scriptura-2k19”-a handwriting competition was organized on Oct 31 and the winners were selected.
- To enhance the overall development of our students, they are trained in extracurricular activities like aerobics, karate, music, art & craft and skating.
- Swachhata hi seva campaign proposed by CBSE was conducted and the students were engaged in cleaning the plastic waste near the school premises.
- Class room decorum prizes are given to enhance the creativity, discipline and neatness of our students and their class rooms.
- Remedial teaching and special classes are organized to enhance the learning abilities of our students.
- For strengthening synergies between parents and teachers, PTA executive committee was formed. Ms. Sujamol Jose was elected as MPTA president and Mr. Shaji joseph as PTA president.
- School Parliament election was conducted and Investiture ceremony was held upholding the responsibilities of true leadership among our young leaders. This time, a junior parliament was also formed from classes 3-5. Jugal shaji, Puvvadi Hemapriya, Niranjan and Eva rose rijo were elected as the senior and junior representatives.
- Our Student’s Council consists of the class monitors, language promoters and the parliament members from the senior & junior sections. All the decisions pertaining to the school will be discussed with the student council and will be finally decided by the Principal.
- A group of collaborative schools are parts of hubs of learning .Inter school training sessions are organized by these hubs and our staff representatives were part of it.
- Our New school store, an additional computer lab for the secondary students and digitalising all the class rooms is done this year to improve the teaching-learning facilities.
- Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. We hosted this year’s District Sahodaya music fest-symphony-2k19.The excellent coordination of the fest and performance of our students added feathers to our cap.
- CBSE capacity building program on “experiential learning” for principals was organized in our school. Dr Subadra Muralidharan and Ms. Binu Raj led the sessions.
- “The guardian”-Our school magazine won the Third position in sahodaya magazine competition. Thanks to our chief editors Ms. Deepa C & Ms. Jisha Vineeth.
- The poem “My Haven” written by Ms. Deepa, our teaching staff and head of the Dept of Chemistry, was published in a reputed magazine “Infinite Thoughts”.
Let us have a look at the Celebrations….
- Environment day was celebrated on June 6 ,with a message to protect our mother nature.
- The Arts and literary club inauguration was done by our respected Asst. Manager Rev. Fr.Jibin Pulavelil on June 17.
- To improve the reading skills of our students, Reading week was observed from 19th to 25th of June by the students of SRCS.
- International music day and International yoga day was celebrated on 21st A musical performance was organized to enlighten the spirit and the students and staff performed yogasanas to rejuvenate their mind and soul.
- Feast of the respected Principal and Asst Manager was celebrated with much enthusiasm.
- Feast of the Sacred heart was celebrated and the blessings of the Holy Spirit encircled our campus throughout.
- KCSL was inaugurated by Rev.Fr. Eby Purathoor. Our students participated in KCSL Sahityotsavam and bagged many prizes.
- Independence day celebration created a sense of patriotism among the SRCS staff and students.
- Our school Arts fest- Tarang-2k19 was organized which exhibited the artistic talents of our young minds.
- National sports day was celebrated and a speech was delivered by Ms. Sivapriya, our physical education teacher, depicting the relevance of sports and games in student’s life.
- Teachers day celebration was organized by the students of class 12, which helped to understand the relevance of a teacher in a student’s life.
- Onam was celebrated remembering the good old days of the famous ruler of Kerala. The students and teachers were dressed in kerala style costume which maintained the ambience of God’s own country.
- As a part of 150 th birth anniversary celebration of Mahatma Gandhi, our students performed a skit and a wonderful speech was also delivered.
- International day of the girl child was celebrated giving the students a moment to think about the importance of the life of a girl.
- As a part of International day of disaster management, an evacuation drill was performed by our students with the instructions from our physical education teachers.
- World students day was celebrated remembering the the missile man of India Shri.APJ Abdul Kalam and his contributions to our nation.
- Rashtriya ekta divas commemorating the birth anniversary of sardar vallabhai patel was celebrated with a march past, essay competition and oath taking.
- National police day, international day of the elderly and kerala piravi– were jointly celebrated on Nov 1 which helped the students realize the value of protecting the elders, the services of the police dept and the origin of our state.
- ‘Clean kerala project’ was launched by the Confederation of Kerala Sahodaya Complexes and our Class Monitors helped in cleaning the nearby areas and the premises of the school by collecting the plastic waste.
It’s our students who made all our efforts truly meaningful and rewarding, by their significant effort to do their best and becoming knowledgeable, skilled and responsible citizens. We are proud of every one of them. Let us have a look at their achievements.
- Christy K Telin, class XI won the gold medal in the Junior Women’s National Tug of War competition held at Agra, U.P.
- Immanuel Subin, 4th std, secured 2nd runner up position in the National open Abacus & Mental Arithmetic.
- In the Moral Science Examination, Sreevidhya K R, Class V secured the first rank in the District level and second rank in the State She was awarded with a Medal, Certificate & cash Prize of Rs 2000.
- Sreeram NK , class 4 bagged the 1 position in the district level and the second position in the state level table tennis championship. Harshitha NK, class 1, bagged the first position in the inter district and the 3 position in the state level table tennis championship.
- Abhiram P, class 8 won the 3 position in long jump conducted by Palakkad district athletics championship. He secured the 3 position in the CBSE state meet and the 5th position in kerala state athletics championship.
- In the CBSE state athletics meet, Reuban , class 10 secured 4 th position in long jump and high jump. Aaniya Reeta, class 7 secured 4 th position in 800m running race.
- In the Housing literacy campaign organized by the Palakkad municipality -our students had won prizes in painting and quiz competitions.
- Our students along with a teacher coordinator had participated in the district level Young Innovators program and presented their innovative idea of “finding the misplaced objects” and “monitoring the health of the aged and children”.
- In the Sahodaya science exhibition “pradyodh 2019”, our students performed marvelously well. Nived & Vaishnav bagged the First prize for Still Model and Vishnu & Adithyan won the Second Prize for Working model.
- Our students Tanmaya and Gayathri participated in the leadership training program “yuvanirman” organized by sahodaya school complex and were selected as the best leaders.
- Our students Adhil, Midhun, Hashim and Akshaya bagged prizes in the sahodaya Chess championship held at Mount seena School, Pathiripala.
- In the district karate championship, B, Reuban George and Malavika Vishnudas bagged prizes.
- In the Sahodaya literary competitions, our students had won the 1 runner up in cat 3 and 2 runner up in cat 1. In the Sahodaya dance fest SRCS won the second runner up in common category and in cat 3.
- Our students participated and won prizes in Sahodaya English fest “ la- lingua 2019” and were the first runner up in categories 1,3 & 4.
- Our Senior secondary students participated in “an introduction to scilab” organized by yuvakshetra institute of management studies and won prizes for mathematics story writing competition.
- As a part of vigilance awareness week organized by BSNL, our students participated and won prizes in the elocution competition.
In the vast and diverse field of education, staying updated forms a vital parameter to enhance the process of teaching and learning. Our teachers including our Principal constantly strive to stay updated by attending workshops and various training programs.
Excellentia-2019-Teachers training and conference was organized for 10 days in the month of may.
- Fr Lalu olikkal conducted a spiritual session and gave the inaugural message
- Mrs . Krishna S Nair dealt with “ A Teacher Personality”
- “Think out of the box”- a session by Fr saji
- A training on “vocology” by Fr Paul Poovathingal
- A talk on “health education” by Dr Tony
- “Language enhancement” by Soma Podder
- A talk on “cyber safety” by our Head of the department of Computer Science Sreeja
- An awareness on “ human wellness” by Fr. Shyju
- CBSE capacity building program on life skills by Joji Paul and Mr. Jaimon.
- Sessions on curriculum planning, examination programs, split up syllabus and hand books were also arranged.
- Microteaching was practiced during the training.
- Our teachers attended a capacity building program in Mathematics for class 10 teachers at Bharatmatha CMI public school.
- Our Teacher representatives attended the Heritage Education workshop conducted by The India National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage.
- A spiritual refreshment program was arranged for our teaching staff by our respected manager Rev. Fr. Jeejo Chalakkal.
Student’s training programs
- A day of social commitment was organized in the presence of the famous social worker and activist Dayabhai. An interactive session with the students along with her stage performance created a sense of social responsibility among the students.
- A workshop for our senior secondary students in Physics and Mathematics was organized and Jayaram, the chairman of Jairam institute motivated the students.
- A medical camp was organized for the students of classes 9-12 to give an awareness regarding their health.
- Aim of life, career guidance and exam planning-A career orientation program was organized for classes 10, 11& 12 which motivated the students and gave them the tips for facing the examinations without fear.
We have again miles to go….. our sports day, Christmas celebrations, field trips, national conference for students, exhibitions and food fest….is awaiting ….
Before concluding this report, I bow my head in reverence to the Almighty God for the blessings He has showered upon this institution. Since inception we have been blessed with visionary leaders whose imagination, insight and courage called forth the best in teachers and students alike and united them around a shared sense of purpose. Our thanks are due in no small measures to them. May I take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to our management, Principal, students, staff -teaching and non-teaching, parents, benefactors and well wishers for the whole hearted co operation.
I conclude ,with a message to the students of SRCS…as they are the stars of today’s function… “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”
Let us enjoy the cultural program, presented by our students and may your evening with us be a pleasurable one.