Annual report 2017-‘18
Every academic year is a significant milestone .The Annual Day is an occasion to celebrate, a time to look back with pride and look ahead with vision. Apart from preparing the children to qualify for purely academic demands, special efforts are being made continuously to enable them to face the challenges of the competitive world. It’s a matter of great importance to us that the students who pass out from our portals should carry forward the values they have inherited, excel in whatever they do and be role models in the society. We have always been committed to create an environment in the school which helps the young minds to blossom and provide a platform for individual thinking and holistic development of the child’s personality.
Exploring new horizons & finding new dimensions in growth, we have continued to do our best in the last academic year. School Annual Report articulates and demonstrates the dynamic nature of our school, our commitment to excellence and our relentless pursuit of achieving Our Best.. we are happy to present the exemplary achievements in the year 2017-18.
- Smart School Award – St. Raphael’s Cathedral School was declared as the Smart School by Hon. MLA Shri. Shafi Parambil.
- At present, there are 2222 students on roll with 83 Teachers, 7 Administrative staff and 17 Supporting staff.
- Our respected PrincipalDr. Sanil Jose was honored as the Best Principal by Nehru Group of Institutions .Also five of our teachers Ms.Rohini.C, Ms.Deepa.C, Ms.Meera K George, Ms.Geetha P Nair & Ms. Sailaja Nair were honored as the Best Teachers.
- Our Principal Dr.Sanil Jose is awarded the honorary Degree of D.Litt by the University of South America.
Excellence in academics is the hallmark of a good institution and class X and XII Results of the School prove without any doubt that our students have made us proud. On June 1 st , during the Academic year inauguration, We honored the Toppers of AISSCE-2017 and AISSE -2017 examinations-
- Our student Pavithra P of class XII Commerce was the Sahodaya topper in Business Studies.
- In Computer Science stream, Sanjay Krishnan S topped with 4% marks
- In Biology Science stream, Mohammed Hilal topped with 92% marks
- In Commerce stream, Pavithra P topped with 93% marks
- We got 20 Full A1 s in class X.
Highlights of 2017-‘18
- District level inauguration of Anti Drug Awareness Programme by Rishi Raj Singh IPS, Honourable Excise Commissioner was organized at our school on June 7 th.
- Publication of “Madhuram Malayalam”- by Oasis group Managing Director M.Syed Mohammed on June 20 th.
- In the PTA general body meeting, a class on “New Age Parenting”- by Daison Panengaden, Dept of Physics, St.Thomas College, Thrissur was organized for our parents on July 8th.
- School Parliament Election on June 28 th to inculcate democratic values among students. Sibin Sebastian was elected as the Head Boy and Jomy Johny as Head Girl.
- Investiture ceremony for the newly elected school parliament members was on July 13 th.
- First PTA executive committee meeting was held on July 17 th & Mr .Sebi Vadakken was elected as the PTA president and Ms Mini babu as the PTA Vice President.
- On Aug 7 th, a Magic Show by Magician Nath was organized for the students and the theme was “The Magical Medicine to Cure All ills”.
- Students of SRCS participated in the National Level letter writing campaign launched by Department of Posts for the Promotion of Philately on Aug 10 th.
- KCSL inauguration – KCSL, which motivates the students to practice charity,
was inaugurated on Aug 18th by our respected Asst Manager Rev.Fr.Antony Thekkanath.
- A Capacity Building Programme on Remodelled Assessment Structure conducted by CBSE for the Principals of various schools was organized on 23 rd Sep at St.Raphael’s Cathedral School. The Resource persons for the day were C.Latha, Principal IES Public School, Thrissur and Sri .Jojy Paul, Principal, Bench Mark International School, Tirur.
- Measles-Rubella (MR) Vaccination Camp was organized on 6th Oct, 13th Oct and 17th Nov for all our students under the age of 15.
- As a part of raising funds for the welfare of poor children & Orphans,
Stamps issued by the Govt. were distributed to our students.
- Monitors of classes V to XII had visited Mercy Home as a part of Social Service. They had distributed stationery items to the inmates.
- World Environment Day celebration on June 6 th to enlighten the necessity to save our mother nature.
- Literary & Arts Club Inauguration by Sanil Jose, Director, Hymns Academy of Music, Palakkad on June 7 th.
- International Yoga Day revealing the relevance of yoga for a stress free life on June 21 st.
- World music day on June 21 st to awaken the musical spirit within our students.
- Feast of the sacred heart was commemorated on June 29 th. Also the feast of our respected Principal Dr. Sanil Jose & respected Asst. Manager Rev. Fr. Antony Thekkanath was celebrated on the same date.
- Independence Day Celebrations on Aug 15 th, to salute the stoicism of Indian soldiers.
- SRCS celebrated National Sports Day on Aug 29 th to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of India’s Hockey Wizard, Major Dhyan Chand.
- Onam Celebrations was on Aug 31 st which created an ambience of the period of Emperor Mahabali.
- Talentza 2017 –Our school Arts fest was conducted on 19th & 20 th It was inaugurated by our respected Manager Rev.Dr. Mathew Vazhayil .
- On Sept 22 nd , we celebrated the feast of our respected Manager Dr. Mathew Vazhayil with great joy. The News Letter Vox Angelica, exhibiting the school’s progress and creative works of our students, was also launched on the same day by our respected Manager.
- Teacher’s Day was celebrated by the students to acknowledge the continuous, selfless and precious efforts of teachers in shaping their character and future.
- To promote cultural values among the kids, on Sep 25 th, Kid’s Arts Fest was organized with great enthusiasm.
- “Keralapiravi” was celebrated to project the cultural diversities of God’s own country on Nov 1 st.
- Kid’s Day “Prajodh 2017” was inaugurated on 25th November by Municipal Chairperson Prameela Sasidharan which brought out the inner talents of our blooming buds.
- Children’s Day Celebrations on Nov 14 th by the electrifying staff of St.Raphael’s.
- Christmas Cheers-SRCS celebrated Christmas with much joy and happiness on 21 st Dec which brought the spirit of Christmas to life. Our Class Monitors visited Bishop’s House to wish Merry Christmas to His Excellency Mar Jacob Manathodath.
- Prayerful wishes to our respected Manager Rev. Dr. Mathew Vazhayil as he opens his Silver Jubilee year of his Priestly Ordination on 27th December 2017.
- Paul P Dickinson, Our former student who secured the 3 rd position in Asian Kickboxing Confederation Championship- 2017 was honored by our respected Manager Rev. Dr. Mathew Vazhayil.
- In the Sahodaya District Kalotsav –our students won the Overall Trophy in Category 4 & Ist Runner up in Category 2. Our school secured the 4th position among the CBSE schools in Palakkad.
- Mohammed Hisham & Ananthakrishnan M won the 384th Rank in the National Level Technothlon International School Championship conducted by IIT Guwahati. They also secured the II ndposition in the state level for the same.
- Deepankar of UKG got the II nd prize in All Kerala Roll ball
- SRCS won the overall shield in Moral Science & Catechism examination organized by the Diocese of Palakkad.
In Moral science: Aditya Anand– std 4- secured I rank
In Catechism-Jis Maria Jogy– std 4-secured I rank, Jibin E S –std 7- secured II rank & Niyathi Maria George– std 10- secured II rank
- Our Students Christy K Telin, Afreena, Noura, Ashley & Anitta bagged the overall trophy in district & state level Tug of War Competition in the Sub Junior level.
- In the district level Netball Championship 2017-18 sub junior boys secured the 3 rd position and the junior boys secured the 4 th position .Dhanush Babu ,Adityan B and Reuben Sunil George were selected for the state level .
- In the Inter School Arts Fest Esistenza 2017 organized by Nehru group of Institutions, our students participated in various events and won the overall trophy.
- In the Inter school arts festival “Amigos” at St. Thomas School, Olavakkode , in the State level colouring competition Crayotsav organized by Hymns Academy of music and in the Interschool Cultural Competition conducted by CMS College of Engineering & Technology Srishti 2017, our students had showcased excellent performance and bagged many prizes.
- In the Sahodaya District Sports & Athletic Meet, Sibin Sebastian of class 12 secured the IInd Place in High Jump and Arjun of class 12 –secured IInd Place in Shot Put.
- Jingle Bells 2017 -Carol Singing Competition was conducted by Samanuya and our school Choir group won the III rd prize along with a cash prize of Rs. 5000.
- Our students participated in Roller Skating and Speed Skating competition and had won medals. Also two of our students, Al Raihan and Karthik Krishna were selected for Palakkad Roll Ball Association.
- Athul Vincent and Jis Antony of senior sec section won the I st place in the Quiz Competition Mission- 20-20 conducted at Mercy College, Palakkad.
- In the Palakkad District Sahodaya Inter School Chess Competition, Pranav Vinayan-secured II nd position and Midhun Das secured -5 th
- In the inter school competition Win National Spell Bee, Denny A John of class 12 secured I rank, Gayathri S Nair of std 5 secured 4 th rank & Kailas K of std 5- secured 5 th Our students participated in the National Level Spell Bee Competition and came out with flying colours.
- In the Satyadeepam scholarship examination, Gowry Krishna K of II nd std won the 3 rd rank with gold medal, Amalesh A of UKG won the 5 th rank with gold medal and 32 of our students won the gold medal & cash prize.
- In the All India Open Karate Championship, organised by the school of martial arts, our students Suraj B & Nandana Ramesh of 8 th std and Athira V of 6th std had bagged prizes in Kata & Kumite. Our School team won the JSKA South India Open School Karate Tournament Also Hitesh P secured the 3 rd place in Attingal Open Junior Karate Championship.
- Our students exposed their scientific talents by participating in Sahodaya science exhibition conducted by PDSSC.
- Our students showcased their talents by participating in the CBSE State Kalotsav 2017 at IES Public School, Chittilappilly, Thrissur, and Aleesha K Babu won the 3 rd position in Folk dance.
- Yadhu Krishna of class IX won the II prize in District Archery Championship 2017-18 conducted by Drona Archery Academy. He had also participated in the National level Archery Championship 2017-18.
- In Stars Handwriting Competition – Fathima Thameema of class 7 secured 2nd rank in the state level. In the Stars National Scholarship examination, 23 of our students got Gold Medal, and 14 students got Silver Medal.
- In the KCSL State Kalotsav 2017, Aleesha K Babu secured the 1st place and Ashley K Babu secured the 2 nd palce in Mono Act.
- Sunil Kumar G Secured Ist Place in Kabadi Match, Keralotsavam 2017.
- In the Children’s day painting competition organised by JCI Palakkad, Arya V secured the I st place.
- Recently, our students Anisto Issac Saju,Princy Manoj, Saranya Menon , Adithyan and Amritha S vasan showcased fabulous performance by securing the 1 st position in the English fest organized by PDSSC.
- A Seminar was conducted on GST by Muralidharan, Commercial Tax officer from Sales Tax Department for the senior secondary staff and students on Aug 5 th.
- An orientation class for senior sec students was conducted by our respected Manager Rev Dr. Mathew Vazhayil on 25 th The topic was “how to be a successful person relying on the core values of Determination, will power, commitment, talent and truth.”
- Standard wise manuscripts were prepared by our students which showcased the creative works of our future generation and the best manuscripts were awarded.
- Four houses- red, blue, green and yellow are functioning actively to imbibe healthy competitive spirit among our students.
- Liturgies are organized in the school cathedral on the first Thursday of every month.
- To refresh and energize our students, tour programs were arranged by the school. Senior Secondary students visited Idukki, Wagamon and Ernakulam. Secondary students visited Ooty and Kodaikkanal. UP section visited water theme park Wonderla, LP Section enjoyed at Silver Storm and Tiny Tots in Fantasy park.
- To enhance the overall development of our students, they are trained in extracurricular activities like yoga, karate, music (vocal & instrumental), skating and dance.
- As per the CBSE circulars, Vigilance Awareness week was observed from 30 th Oct to 4 th Nov to promote integrity in public life and the National Integration Week from 19 th to 25 th Nov to recapitulate the concept of Sustainable Development and Woman Empowerment. The New India Pledge was taken by the students and photography day was also observed at our school.
- School Sports Day was also organized for the students to enhance their sportive spirit.
- Our students showed a remarkable performance in various Scholarship Examinations like PCM, DCL IQ, Sathyadeepam, Brilliant, Stars National Scholarship and Green Olympiad examinations. Also Proficiency Aptitude Test was introduced to develop the thinking, listening & application level skills among the students.
- Academic Student’s Council was introduced by Rev.Dr. Sanil Jose which brought out the cognitive leaders to light.
- Foundation coaching classes for classes 6, 7, 8 for IIT entrance and for various UPSC examinations including IAS, IFS & IPS were organized at our school.
Faculty enrichment programmes
In keeping with the school’s policy of continuous up gradation of knowledge and skills, our teachers attended various workshops and seminars organized by the school and others so as to improve their academic transaction skills and to update their capabilities.
The following sessions enlightened the teachers in the month of May:
- An introduction to the New Academic session and a class on “A New Vision of Teaching” was taken by our Principal-Dr. Sanil Jose
- “Teacher as a Continuous Learner”- a marvelous session by our respected manager Rev Dr Mathew Vazhayil.
- “An Introduction to the new evaluation system” by the Vice Principal Rohini.C and a brief description about Curriculum transaction was given by our Dean of Studies Ms. Deepa C. Also Annual curriculum planning was done under the guidance of vice Principal Ms. Rohini.C & Dean of Studies Ms. Deepa C.
- Smart class training was organized for the teachers by Vidyadharan
- Demonstration classes were organized by our own teachers and they shared their unique ways of teaching with others, presented skits and energized their colleagues.
- Our teachers also attended various workshops conducted by CBSE & PDSSC.
- Our School Gate inauguration & Unveiling of School Emblem was on 3 rd Oct by the Muncipal Councilor Mr. Shivarajan .
- Tiling of St Raphael’s square was also completed this year which added an esthetic beauty to the square.
- Fire & safety measures were also introduced to safeguard the students from the threat of fire.
Many milestones have been achieved and many still have to be reached. We at St. Raphael’s will continue our unceasing efforts to mould the young minds into well balanced personalities with confidence and zeal befitting the standards of this portal of education.
We humbly salute our visionary leaders of the past and the great ones of the present and seek divine grace and blessings to guide us in all our endeavors.
Our School Motto: “We aim to provide quality education in a safe environment that promotes academic excellence and empower the students to be independent thinkers, morally upright and responsible citizens”.